Monday 20 April 2015

We really are so blessed to live in Southern Alberta

It has been a wonderful week!! On Friday I had a sweet experience that I will cherish forever. You may recall the story of Gwen. She is a less active Sister that Sister Price and I met in Delray. She hadn't been active for over 35 years and hadn't heard from the church in over 11. Sister Andrew and I taught her the lessons and helped her get member friends and make her way back to full activity. Well guess what?! She went to the Temple on Friday to recieve her endowment! President gave Sister Andrew and I permission to go!!!!! It was incredible. The spirit was so strong the entire time and Gwen literally glowed as you can tell by the picture. She has had the Temple as her goal for quite sometime but something always got in the way. She shared with me that just over a week ago she had a dream. Her father came to her and boldly said, "Gwen, it is time. Quit putting it off and GO!" And GO she did! After the session we got to watch her be sealed to her parents which was another very spiritual experience. I am so grateful that we could be there. She has come so far and progressed so much. She is on fire with family history and her conversion continues Christ and his gospel continues to deepen. This is what missionary work is all about. Baptizing and confirming is just the beginning. The church and Kingdom of God is established as families are sealed and completed in the Temple. This is the work of Salvation.

In the other picture you can see that we had a Pinewood Derby! I got to bring out the old car that Sister Stegelmeier and I made and race again. It brought back some good memories.

Yesterday we had ward conference. Our Stake President is President Litchfield from Medicine Hat. Small world eh? We were in a meeting with our WML, Bishop, and him and when I told him I was from Cardston he went on a total Southern Alberta rant. It was the greatest.
We really are so blessed to live in Southern Alberta. Elder Cook himself, when he came here a year ago, said that there is such a special spirit among the Canadian Saints. President Litchfield talked about how it produces strong families, missionaries, and individuals. We really are so blessed to call it our home.

I hope you all have a great week and that we can continue to show the Lord gratitude for all the blessings he has given us by our whole hearted obedience.

Love,


Sister Hartley


We had a Pinewood Derby! I got to bring out the old car that Sister Stegelmeier and I made and race again. It brought back some good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment