Monday 30 March 2015

We continue to heed President's council

I can't believe that the last week of March is here. The mission has worked so hard this month. We have really progressed and it is great to see. Elder Hartley I know exactly how you feel about getting a new mission President. It is definitely an adjustment. It took me a long time to get used to President Richardson when President Anderson left. They both are so different. They go about things in a different way. They have different visions. However, I know that both were called to hold the keys for the time frame that they did and are. Just follow the keys and you will be fine. You are very blessed to have half of your mission with one and the other half with the other. That was the same for me and I am grateful to have gotten to know both of them. 

Sister Montague and I worked very hard this week as we do every week. We continue to heed President's council and bike nearly everyday. I love being out my bike. It is great to be seen and contact everyone we can... especially when we are "storming the island". Our Ward mission leader wants us on the island as much as possible. There are a lot of kingdom builders over there. It is definitely a different kind of work but we are learning as we go. 

The Elders had a baptism on Saturday! She is a dear sweet lady. We are all so grateful because this ward has not seen anyone found, taught, and baptized by missionaries in a while.. so between Christa being baptized earlier in the month and now Donna the ward has really made a turn around. We are so grateful for the miracles God has given us and the Elders  as we work are very hardest. President is so happy with the progress that we have made here so I am very grateful for that. All things considered, all is well.

I am really looking forward to Conference this week. I pray that each of us will be able to hear the Lord's voice through his chosen servants. I hope that each of us will be quick to hearken and heed his counsel by making the small and necessary adjustments the spirit prompts us to make. 

Love,

Sister Hartley 


No comments:

Post a Comment